Who says dairy free can’t be any fun?
This dairy free French toast recipe is so tasty you forget it’s made without any dairy products! A great option for Sunday morning breakfast (or any day of the week you fancy really!)
Follow the recipe below and finish it off with your toppings of choice!
Dairy Free French Toast: What do you need?
The great thing about following a dairy free diet at the moment, be it because you have a dairy intolerance or simply want to cut down on your dairy intake, is that there are so many great tasting dairy free alternatives to your typical cows milk products such as Yogurt, butter and cheese. You can tailor this recipe to your preferred dairy free products.
So here is what you will need to start:
- 2 thick slices brioche bread
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Toppings (see end of article for topping inspiration!)
Dairy Free French Toast: How to make
- To make dairy free French toast start by whisking together the eggs, dairy free milk and vanilla extract.
- Lay the brioche bread side by side in a shallow plate/bowl and pour the egg mixture over them.
- Soak them for around 3 minutes, before flipping them and allow the other side to soak for another 2 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil and butter in a non stick frying pan. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- The bread should have a golden hue and look a little crispy.
- Place them on a wire rack over a baking tray in a warm oven.
- Repeat depending on how many slices of bread you are looking to make!
- Decorate with toppings of choice!
Some Topping Inspiration!
- Maple syrup, Berries and icing sugar
- Vanilla syrup, berries and icing sugar
- Strawberries and whipped cream
- Peaches and cream
- Peanut Butter and banana
- Banana and honey
- Bacon and maple syrup
- Icing sugar with a little bit of butter
Will you be trying this dairy free French toast recipe?