Sure, getting an education is great BUT it’s also pretty awesome to be able to get student discounts once you start college A lot of us are on strict budgets when we’re in college, so student discounts go a long way. We already shared some tips for saving money when you’re in college, but one of the best money-saving hacks is to know the full potential of your student status.
Here are the best student discounts in Ireland…
In Store Student Discounts
Just flashing your college ID should get you discount in:
- Topshop 10% (this even applies in the Topshop sales – how fab is that?!).
- New Look 10% (keep an eye out for their occasional 20% off for students).
- Boots using the Student Leap Card (collect ALL the points as well with a Boots card!)
- River Island offer student discounts on certain dates in association with Student Beans .
- H&M also offer a discount on certain dates with UNiDAYS and Student Beans.
- Specsavers offer 25% off to students with a valid student ID.
- Office, Life Style Sports and Aldo offer 10% to students once you flash your travel card
- Movies at Dundrum run a student deal where you get a large popcorn, large soft drink and a ticket to a movie all for €10.
- The Wicklow Street Clinic offer 10% off all services for students.
Online Student Discounts
By signing up to websites like UNiDAYS and Student Beans you gain access to student discounts online. Simply pop in the name of the shop you are purchasing from in the search bar, you’ll then be given a code to enter into the “promo/discount code” section of checkout, and boom! Discounts off your online purchases!
By signing up to UNiDAYS you get discounts from:
- Boohoo – get between 20% to 50% off
- Missguided – 20% off
- Apple – 10% off
- Pretty Little Thing 20% off
- Cloud 10 Beauty using Student Beans
- Pull&Bear – 10% off
- Feel Unique – 15% off
- Urban Decay 20% off
- Glossybox 20% off
- Look Fantastic 15% off
- Hotels.com 10%
…and lots more! Sign up to UNiDAYS for free here.
If you do any traveling get the Student Leap Card. The card gives you student rates on Bus Eireann, The Luas, Dublin Bus, DART, Irish Rail and on private bus companies. It also gives discounts on other products and services like Boots, McDonalds, GAA and D.I.D Electrical. It only costs €10 to get the card, but you’ll make that back easily with all of the discounts.
One skill you have to gain when you become a student is the art of cooking. Sometimes though, you may have a treat yourself moment and decide to order a takeaway! You can get up to €6.50 off via Deliveroo with UNiDAYS!
You can also get 20% off in store with Eddie Rockets by using the UNiDAYS app!
Student Society Discounts
A lot of college societies offer student discounts with membership. Most will have offers that are specific to each college location and tend to mainly include discounts on food and coffee. Ask around and find out which societies offer the best discounts in your college.
Are there any other Student Discounts in Ireland that we should know about? Let us know in the comments below!