One day I was at home and got an urge to make cookies, something I had never done before. I went onto Google and searched ‘Basic Cookie Recipe’, which led me to this gorgeous recipe.
As I read through the recipe, I realised I didn’t have the right ingredients or quantities of the one I did have. I was so adamant that I was baking cookies that I slightly adapted this recipe and my own, similar version. Here’s my easy 4 ingredient cookie recipe.
- 225g (8oz) butter
- 110g (4oz) caster sugar
- 235-250g self-raising flour (275g plain flour)
- 75g of your favourite chocolate (and lots of it); I like to use a mix of plain m&m’s, chopped up double deckers/any chocolate bar, nestlé pick n mix and chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven at 170◦C or gas mark 3.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add optional ingredients. Bring the mixture together in a figure of eight until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from each other other on a tray (the tray doesn’t need to be greased or lined).
- Flatten the balls with the back of a fork and bake them in the oven for around 15 minutes until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 minutes.
There are many interpretations of the original recipe. You can use the link above to follow the original recipe. These quantities make roughly 9 cookies, depending on the size of the cookie you’re looking to make.
Usually, I double the quantities of ingredients to make a larger batch of medium sized cookies. I will also include this version of the recipe below.
If you decide to use this recipe, I hope you enjoy the cookies. They’re super simple and quick to make. They’re very handy to make for birthdays or events as most people like cookies.
P.S tag us on Instagram is you make use Katie’s Easy 4 Ingredient Cookie Recipe. We’d love to see yours!