Hot chocolate bombs are all the rage on social media these days and we can definitely see why! TikTok has introduced the world to a whole host of new recipes and food ideas this year, one of those being Hot Chocolate bombs, and we are certainly not complaining. If you want to know how to create your ultimate hot chocolate then keep on reading!
What are Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Hot Chocolate bombs are Chocolate balls filled with a hot chocolate mix and marshmallows. Once you’ve created your bomb you drop it in to a hot glass of milk and watch a chocolate haven unfold before your eyes.
To make you will need:
- A good quality chocolate bar, (either milk, dark, or white, the choice is yours.)
- hot chocolate mix of your choice
- mini marshmallows
- sphere mold
- microwaveable plate
- another type of chocolate to decorate
- and if you’re feeling a little extra: edible sprinkles and a brush
How To Make A Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Start by chopping up your chocolate
- melt your chocolate in the microwave being careful not to over microwave it! The chocolate should look smooth with no lumps in it.
- Paint the chocolate on to the edges of your sphere moulds. (two coats should do it.)
- Pop the moulds in to the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set
- Remove the chocolate from the sphere moulds
- Heat up a microwaveable plate to a temperature just hot enough to melt the edges
- Place a half mould on the plate for about ten seconds, just until the chocolate starts to melt
- Filling time! Add one tablespoon of hot cocoa powder and mini marshmallows (and any other goodies such as sprinkles if you want!)
- Melt the edge of another half mould on the plate and push the two moulds together to form a ball.
- Decorate by drizzling with white chocolate,(or milk if you made a white chocolate bomb), or by sticking on edible sprinkles with a paint brush.
- Wait for decoration to set
- Heat up a glass of milk, drop in your bomb and enjoy!
Have you tried one yet?