Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but many people choose to skip it.
You have been fasting for eight hours if not longer so it is important to get a good healthy meal in to you to set your body up for the day.
Try this overnight protein oats recipe that is really easy to prepare. As you make the oats the night before, the only thing you have to do in the morning is tuck in and enjoy. Have a read of the recipe for these super simple yet tasty overnight protein oats (and guess what, when you mix it up it turns pink!)
There are so many more options for breakfast that go beyond Weetabix and porridge! One such example are overnight oats.
Overnight oats are oats that are prepared the night before and put in the fridge over-night. In the morning the oats will have absorbed the milk and flavours of your additional ingredients, making a super creamy, tasty breakfast! This recipe includes a scoop of protein powder to make it the all round power breakfast, giving you the ultimate start to the day! What’s great about this recipe is that it is dairy free as well!
What You Will Need:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (we use almond milk!)
- 1/4 cup coconut flavoured greek style yogurt
- 1 scoop food spring’s plant based vanilla flavoured protein powder.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- handful frozen mixed berries
How To Prepare Your Overnight Oats:
- In a breakfast bowl (or jar) mix together the oats, milk, yogurt, protein powder, chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Top with frozen mix berries
- Cover with cling film
- place in fridge over-night for minimum 8 hours
- When you wake up, give it a mix and enjoy your prink protein filled breakfast!