Sure, getting an education is great BUT it’s also pretty awesome to be able to get student discounts once you start college.
A lot of us are on strict budgets when we’re in college, so student discounts go a long way. We already shared some tips for saving money when you’re in college, but one of the best money-saving hacks is to know the full potential of your student status.
Here are the best student discounts in Ireland…
In Store Student Discounts
Just flashing your college ID should get you discount in:
- Topshop 10% (this even applies in the Topshop sales – how fab is that?!).
- New Look 10% (keep an eye out for their occasional 20% off for students).
- Boots Sign up for a Boots Advantage Card online or in-store, head into store and produce your student card to activate your 10% discount.
- River Island offer student discounts on certain dates in association with Student Beans .
- H&M also offer a discount on certain dates with UNiDAYS and Student Beans.
- Specsavers offer 25% off to students with a valid student ID.
- Office, Life Style Sports and Aldo offer 10% to students once you flash your travel card.
- Movies at Dundrum run a student deal where you get a large popcorn, large soft drink and a ticket to a movie all for €10.
- Omniplex offer a student rate on tickets, it varies depending on the type of showing (recline, MAXX etc), and the day. But a discount is a discount, right? Be sure to remember your student card!
- The Wicklow Street Clinic offer 10% off all services for students.
- Harvey Norman do Back To College deals every September. They usually offer a cash back deal on their electrical products like laptops and tablets.
- Vodafone have introduced Vodafone X the pay as you go plan exclusively for students. You can choose from 3 plans, all requiring a €20 top-up every 4 weeks.
Online Student Discounts
Simply pop in the name of the shop you are purchasing from in the search bar, you’ll then be given a code to enter into the “promo/discount code” section of checkout, and boom!
By signing up to UNiDAYS you get discounts from…
- Boohoo – get between 20% to 50% Off
- Missguided – 20% Off
- Apple – 10% Off
- Pretty Little Thing -20% Off
- Cloud 10 Beauty -using Student Beans
- Pull&Bear – 10% Off
- Feel Unique – 15% Off
- Urban Decay -20% Off
- Glossybox -20% Off
- Look Fantastic -15% Off
- Hotels.com -10% Off
- ASOS -10% Off
- Apple Music student plan now includes Apple TV+ for 4.99€ per month
…and lots more! Sign up to UNiDAYS for free here.
Other Online Student Discounts:
- Spotify offer a 50% off Student rate on their Premium Plan, enjoy all your fave hits and podcasts for €4.99 a month! Bargain!
- Adobe offers up to 65% off Creative Cloud depending on the package you choose.
If you do any travelling get the Student Leap Card.
The card gives you student rates on Bus Eireann, The Luas, Dublin Bus, DART, Irish Rail and on private bus companies.
It also gives discounts on other products and services like McDonalds, GAA and D.I.D Electrical. It only costs €10 to get the card, but you’ll make that back easily with all of the discounts.
Ryanair and Erasmus Student Network offer discounts on Ryanair flights. You get 15% off 8 one-way flights and free 20kg check in bag. Check out the website for T&C’s.
One skill you have to gain when you become a student is the art of cooking. Sometimes though, you may have a treat yourself moment and decide to order a takeaway! You can get up to €6.50 off via Deliveroo with UNiDAYS!
You can also get 20% off in store with Eddie Rockets by using the UNiDAYS app!
Milano offer 30% off food and drink Sunday-Thursday with UNiDAYS.
Get 20% Student Discount at Wagamama with your student card.
Student Society Discounts
A lot of college societies offer student discounts with membership (just check the back of the membership card you’re given). Most will have offers that are specific to each college location and tend to mainly include discounts on food and coffee.
Ask around and find out which societies offer the best discounts in your college.
Are there any other student discounts in Ireland that we should know about? Let us know in the comments below!